When there are fresh herbs available at the store, I always take advantage of them. Whether you are flavoring your dish with fresh herbs or adding them to your dish as garnish, herbs have a lot to offer. This Bean Salad is flavored by many things including two of my favorite herbs: dill and mint. I have tried my hand at growing herbs and have been successfully to some extent. I seem to be able to grow oregano, basil and mint. Parsley and cilantro never seem to happy with my back yard sun.
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rised
- ½ c red onion, diced
- ½ c tomato, diced
- ½ c cucumber, diced
- 2 T mint, chopped
- 2 T dill, chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- Toss all ingredients into a bowl, add lemon juice.
- Stir to coat. If the tomatoes aren't releasing their juice, you can add 1 T of olive oil to keep the salad moist.
- Chill for 1 hour to let the flavors marry, then serve.
Have you ever tried Bean Salad? Leave me a comment telling me if you are a bean lover, what your favorite bean is that you often include in your meals.