This Broccoli Apple Salad packs sweetness, tartness and crunch. It will be the perfect complimenting sidedish and does a fabulous job of standing alone.
With the special delivery of several bushels of apples, we have been busy creating and enjoying dishes with apples. Some of our dishes are sweet and some are savory. This Broccoli Apple Salad is the perfect combination of both. It uses fresh ingredients and is complimented by a tasty dressing. I used Sunbutter in this dressing, but you can easily sub in peanut butter.
- 1t Mustard
- 1T Lime juice
- 1 T Maple Syrup
- 1 T Creamy Sunbutter
- 1 T Olive Oil
- Whisk all ingredients together until smooth. Easy peasy!
- 2 cups raw broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups apples, chopped
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 2 T cranberries
- 2T pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup carrot, diced
- Place diced red onion in water for 3 minutes.
- Combine all other ingredients.
- After 3 minutes has passed, drain the water from the onion. Add onion to salad.
- Pour dressing on salad, mix to combine
- Place in fridge for at least 2 hours.
While I created this salad around the apple, what do you think would be your favorite ingredient in this salad? Leave me a comment, letting me know.
*This post contains an affiliate link.