Mornings can be quite hectic. Get in the habit of prepping at the start of the week, so you can easily prepare these Busy Morning Breakfast Eggs all week long.
I am the first to admit that our morning schedule, especially during the school week is CRAZY. Yes, that deserved ALL CAPS. It can be nuts. I usually forget about myself. I get my coffee, get the kids breakfast, pack lunches, get the kids off to school then I start into my day. Whoops, did I eat breakfast?
Typically, the answer is no. I often forget about myself. I recently found that if I prep some breakfast goodies at the start of my week I am more adapt to actually eat breakfast.
I found that if I dice up some of my favorite vegetables and put them all into a container, I can easily scoop some out to make a scrambled egg plate for myself. Of course, I make sure that I have some fresh herbs to top my breakfast with. That is half the flavor! Fresh herbs bring a TON of flavor to your plate.
I package the herbs and the veggies apart from each other.
It doesn’t get much easier than this! I heat some oil in a small skillet. Toss in 2-3 spoon fulls of my mixture. Saute that delicious stuff…whisk 3 eggs with some water and pour onto the veggie mixture. Then I let the eggs cook! Then I season with salt and pepper and top with herbs! DONE, so quick and I can goggle it up while I am making the kids lunches! Easy peasy!
Want to get a little more specific? Check out these easy measurements…
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup diced mushrooms
- ½ cup diced fresh chives
- ½ cup diced fresh cilantro
- Eggs (2 for each serving)
- 1 T oil (for each serving)
- Put onion, pepper and mushrooms into a resealable container with a lid.
- Put herbs each in their own container.
- When ready to eat, put a dash of oil into a small skillet. Then put 2-3 spoonfuls into the skillet and saute.
- Once veggies are soft, whisk 2 eggs with 1 T of water. Pour onto veggies. Cook and stir a few times.
- Put cooked egg mixture on a plate, season with salt and pepper. Top with fresh herbs.
Hungry for more gluten-free breakfast recipes? Be sure to check out our recipe index. You can also visit our Amazon store to see our favorite gluten-free products and kitchen equipment! This post contains an amazon affiliate link.