My friend Hollie would always make my husband and I cheeseburger soup! Its one of my favorite memories of Hollie! We’d hunker at her house for a football game while she had some cheeseburger soup simmering on the stove! She also baked fantastic rolls to go with our soup! We could never get enough of her soup! I found a recipe for cheeseburger soup, here, and adapted it to fit our dietary restrictions.
Note: If you are soup lover be sure to check out our collection of soup recipes!
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup chopped carrots
- ¾ cup diced celery
- 3 cups Veggie broth
- 4 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 2 cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup gluten free flour (I used Better Batter)
- 2 cups of shredded cheese (dairy or vegan)
- 1-1/2 cups milk (I used coconut)
- Salt and Pepper to season
- In a large stock pot heat 1 T of oil to saute onion, carrots and celery until soft.
- Add broth, beans and potatoes, boil for 12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Whisk together milk and flour, slowly stir into soup mixture.
- Next add cheese. Stir until melted and heated.
- Season with salt and pepper.