There is just something comforting about a big bowl of potato salad. We kicked potato salad up a NOTCH with this Creamy Avocado Potato Salad.
Let me start by saying that I am pretty sure that THIS potato salad recipe will be your new go-to for when you are craving a delicious side dish.
We took the American Classic potato salad and put our contemporary spin on it by adding in some delicious avocado.
The fresh ingredient flavors build upon each other to create a mouthwatering affect. You won’t be able to stop eating this delicious avocado potato salad!
I am telling you, it is pretty amazing!
Potatoes are always the star in potato salad dishes. For our recipe we used some fingerling potatoes from Side Delights. I am telling you that these Side Delights Steamables make my life a snap in the kitchen.
We eat a lot of potatoes in this house and sometimes I need them a little bit quicker than typical. Schedules get busy and I can heat these potato steamables in 8 minutes and have dinner on the table quickly!
These potatoes are triple washed, are ready in 8 minutes and are cooked in the bag which makes clean up a SNAP!
You are going to LOVE these! Just think of all those delicious gluten-free recipes that you can make!
Potato salad is such a fun dish because you can play with the flavors and put so many delicious twists on this classic recipe!
If you adore Mexican flavors you must try this Mexican Potato Salad by Allergylicious. She used Steamables for her recipe too!
I am telling you, I am a potato salad addict! Healthy Seasonal Recipes created a delicious looking Vegan Potato Salad with Herbs.
I use hard boiled eggs in this recipe and sometimes its hard to get them just right! I found a way to get Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs via Veggie Balance. You have got to check out her method!
Are you getting hungry yet? Let’s get to this recipe!
- 1 lb potatoes (I used Side Delights Fingerling Potatoes)
- 5 hard boiled eggs, peeled and diced
- ½ c white onion, finely diced
- ½ c celery, diced
- 1 avocado, pit and skin removed and mashed
- 1 c mayo
- 1 t mustard
- ¼ t paprika
- 1 T fresh dill
- Cook potatoes per directions on the bag. When cooked, open bag and put potatoes into a bowl. Let cool in fridge for at least an hour.
- In a medium bowl add cooled potatoes, chopped eggs, diced white onion, celery and avocado, stir to combine.
- In a small bowl mix remaining ingredients. Once blended, combine with potato mixture. Stir to combine.
- Chill for at least 2 hours. Top with some additional fresh dill for garnish and ENJOY!
Let’s talk! I am a huge potato fan and I’d love to hear if you love potatoes too? What do you think you’d make first with these awesome Side Delights Steamables? They come in several varieties of potatoes. Leave me a comment telling me what you’d make!
*Thank you to Side Delights for sponsoring this recipe and for giving us some potatoes to try! Looking for more delicious potato salad recipes?