We saw this recipe for vegetarian sloppy joes on an ad for Texas Pete. So we took the recipe and adapted it for the ingredients we had in our house! YUM! This was a crowd pleaser and it made a lot of food!
You can top these sandwiches with a slice of cheese.
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 celery, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and rained
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 T BBQ sauce
- 1 T liquid smoke
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce (vegan and gluten free)
- 1/4 cup of coconut creamer
- Heat oil in skillet, saute onions, celery and peppers.
- When veggies are soft add in remaining ingredients. Stir well.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve on gluten free rolls!