Double Chocolate Cake Frosting is a delicious treat to top your favorite cupcakes or to stand alone as a fluffy sweet dessert!
Sometimes you just need a sweet treat, am I right? We always seem to have cupcakes in our house. Whether it is to celebrate something at our house or a sweet treat for my kiddos to take to an outing, we always have cupcakes on hand.
Due to our extreme love for cake and cupcakes, we like to make different variations of our favorite frostings! Our most recent creation boosts our love for all things chocolate. We created a delicious double chocolate cake frosting that will make your tastebuds dance!
It has a secret ingredient in it, which I bet you wouldn’t be able to guess! It is brownie mix!
We paired some of this Enjoy Life Foods Brownie Mix with some melted chocolate dark morsels to create something magical! The brownie mix has 5 grams of plant based protein per serving and it is made with ancient grains! It is free from the TOP 8 most common allergens. This is a WIN WIN!
While the initial purpose of this double chocolate cake frosting recipe was to create a delicious way to top our cupcakes, it has another use! You can use it as a fun dessert dip. It is fluffy and soft, so it works well to dip some allergy-friendly grams or apples into! YUMMMO!
You can even LICK the spoon! This recipe is super allergy-friendly! Be sure to leave some for the cupcakes!
- ½ c shortening
- ½ c dairy-free butter
- 3 c powdered sugar
- ½ c brownie mix by Enjoy Life Foods
- 1 oz dark chocolate morsels by Enjoy Life Foods
- Using an electric mixer beat the shortening and butter until well blended.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar and brownie mix. Mix for 3 minutes.
- While it is mixing, using a microwave safe bowl, heat the morsels until soft (about 30 seconds)
- Put soft chocolate into the mixer and continue mixing for 4 minutes.
- Stop mixing with frosting is fluffy and well blended!
- Top your cupcakes and ENJOY!
Thanks to Enjoy Life Foods for sponsoring this post! It does contain an Amazon affiliate link!
Let’s talk! Leave me a comment telling me if you LOVE cupcakes and cake! Do you have a sweet tooth? Have you ever had double chocolate cake frosting?