Welcome to this awesome party! Who doesn’t LOVE a BBQ and a gluten free one as well! DOUBLE score! 🙂 I am SO excited to participate in this BBQ link up! Be sure to check out all the other awesome bloggers by visiting Frannycakes site to see who is involved! I promise you won’t be disappointed!
Just as a teaser here are some of the names involved in this BBQ…
Pam from I’m A Celiac
Cindy from Vegetarian Mamma
Cara from Cara’s Cravings
Betsy from Gluten Free Betsy
Melissa from Stockpiling Moms
Alissa from Breaking Up with Captain Crunch
Iris from The Daily Dietribe
Alison from A Girl Defloured
Mel from GeekilyGF
Erica from Celiac and the Beast
And of course FRANNYCAKES herself!
A HUGE thank you to Frannycakes herself for making this fun event possible! She is a wonderful blogger, sweet person and kick butt cupcake maker! 🙂
Check out one of my favorite potato salad recipes!
This dish tastes awesome! I love the combination of the smooth potatoes and the tangy pickle side! We enjoyed this dish warm, room temperature and cold. Honestly, it was great all ways! This dish could be served at a fancy dinner or a simple picnic! We adapted it from a bonappetit.com recipe called Eggy Potato Salad with pickles. You can see the full unadapted recipe here.
- 2¾ pounds medium russet potatoes
- 1¼ teaspoons kosher salt plus more
- ½ cup mayonnaise (we used vegan may by Earth Balance)
- ¼ cup sweet pickle juice from jar plus 8–10 sweet-pickle chips
- 1½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper plus more to season to taste
- 5 large hard-boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Smoked Paprika
- Boil potatoes until they easily pierce with a fork. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, whisk vegan mayonnaise, pickle juice, Dijon mustard, sugar, ¼ tsp. pepper, and 1¼ tsp. salt in a small bowl for dressing.
- Using a potato masher, coarsely smash potatoes, leaving some larger pieces mixed with some well-mashed pieces.
- Add dressing and eggs to potatoes and toss to coat, coarsely smashing egg yolks. Add onion and parsley; gently mix to incorporate. Season to taste with more salt and pepper, if desired.
- Divide potato salad among bowls; dust with smoked paprika. Top each serving with a pickle chips.