Fajita Tofu Kabobs are a fun twist to add to your menu plan! This recipe can be made on your outdoor or indoor grilling unit!
This recipe will not disappoint. While it features tofu, it also features some delicious, colorful and fresh bell peppers and red onion.
I love how colorful and beautiful these ingredients are when you cut them up. Don’t you?
Next up is the seasoning. Seasoning can be tricky for those who have to eat gluten-free. Be sure to check labels to make sure the seasoning fits for you.
I would suggest going straight for a Fajita Seasoning or you would use a Southwest Seasoning like we used in our recent Seasoned Black Beans recipe.
Honestly, if you just want the deep southwest flavor, you can use taco seasoning, in a pinch 🙂 I mean that makes it more like Taco Tofu Kabobs, but it will work.
I even had a little helper for this one. She was on floor duty. She made sure that all scraps that fell on the floor was cleaned up asap! I mean in a super timely manner 🙂
What a good girl! Thanks Gia!
Get that seasoning on along with some oil and then stir it up. Make sure you stir until its coated all pieces!
Once you’ve taken care of the vegetables, it is time to tend to the tofu! To make this dish we first pressed our tofu.
Pressing your tofu is important, did you know that?
I didn’t at first, but throughout the years I’ve come to realize the need for pressing your tofu!
Time to thread the kabob skewers. I used metal ones, but you can also use bamboo. Just be sure to soak them in water first!
Fire up the GRILL, these babies are ready!
- 1 block of extra firm tofu, pressed and cut into chunks
- 2 bell peppers, deseeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 T fajita seasoning
- 1 T oil
- Juice of one lime
- Corn Tortrillas
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Press tofu with your EZ Tofu Press and cut into chunks.
- Put your cut peppers and onions into a bowl. Mix oil and 1 T of seasoning on the veggies. Stir to coat.
- On a plate, lay out your tofu chunks. Add remaining seasoning to the tofu. Squeeze lime juice onto the tofu. Let all ingredients sit for 15 minutes.
- Load up your skewers. You should have enough ingredients for at least 6.
- Grill each skewer for 6 minutes on each side or until done.
- Place skewer ingredients onto corn tortillas. Garnish with cilantro and ENJOY!
It’s that time again! We LOVE the EZ Tofu Press! You have another chance to win one of my favorite kitchen tools! This kitchen gadget is one that every tofu loving kitchen needs!
We have something special for you! An EZ Tofu Press Giveaway.
If you’ve spent some time following our little blog and our social media channels, you know that our household loves our EZ Tofu Press!
You’ve seen mine in action a lot on our Facebook and Instagram channels!
Every time I talk about the EZ Tofu Press, I share that it is something I didn’t know that I needed. Now that I have one, I will never be without!
This device gets so much liquid from my tofu which allows it to cook up better!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Let’s talk! Leave me a comment below telling me your favorite way to cook tofu? Have you tried Fajita Tofu Kabobs? What is your favorite tofu recipe? Have you grilled tofu before?