This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GrillNGear #CollectiveBias
Grilled corn avocado tomato salad is a refreshing dish that is perfect for your next backyard BBQ. This easy to make dish will make your belly scream with delight!
Summer time grilling is one of my favorite activities. Whether we are grilling up a main dish or a side dish, grilling is a fun event for our family!
Just the simple act of grilling your food and enhance the flavor in great ways!
When it comes to summer grilling we rely on Giant Eagle. Our Giant Eagle is full of friendly staff and beautiful, fresh ingredients at reasonable prices!
Seriously, whatever our grilling needs are, Giant Eagle always comes through!
My number ONE tip for having a great backyard BBQ grilling session is to have a bountiful drink station. We love to serve up many types of drinks!
Of course for our most recent BBQ we visited Giant Eagle for some great beverages!
For this beverage station we stocked it full of:
- Lemon Lemon Sparkling Lemonade
- IZZE Fusions
- Pure Leaf, individual teas
- Pitcher of brewed tea from Lipton Tea Bags
So we covered those that like to drink out of individual containers and those who LOVE cups! You know those refills are everything!
Quenching your thirst with a deliciously stocked beverage station is KEY at your next grilling event.
So now we’ve covered the beverage station, so let’s get to this grilled recipe! Fire up the GRILL because this recipe features delicious grilled corn!
We’ve talked about grilled corn before, in fact we shared a recipe last summer about grilled herb corn.
So for this recipe, all you need is two ears of corn. Of course, you can grill up more for additional yummies!
But this recipe just needs two, which amounts to about 1 cup when its cut off the cob.
Grilling your corn is simple:
- Heat your grill.
- Spray your foil with cooking spray. Place ear of corn on foil.
- Wrap and twist foil around the corn so the corn is sealed inside.
- “Grill” the corn for 15-20 minutes, turning the corn every 5 minutes (1/4 turns).
- Unwrap, cool and cut off the cob for your Grilled Corn Avocado Tomato Salad.
Once you get your corn grilled up, you need to gather your remaining ingredients.
Now put all those beautiful, colorful, fresh ingredients in the bowl. This grilled corn avocado tomato salad is coming together! Are you getting hungry?
If you have kids in your home, this is a great way to include them in the kitchen.
Give your kids a big spoon and have them gently stir all the ingredients. Oh boy, this is looking delicious!
- 2 avocados, peeled, deseeded and diced
- 1 c cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 c red bell pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 c grilled corn, removed from the cob (about 2 ears)
- ½ c cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- Put all ingredients into a bowl, stir to combine.
- Let flavors marry for about 30 minutes while chilling in the fridge.
- Serve up into bowls and ENJOY!
Our SECOND Grilling Tip is to make sure you have plenty of sweet treats for dessert! We LOVE getting ice cream goodies from Giant Eagle.
We love Breyers Ice Cream and also Klondike! You can find all the goodies in the frozen aisle, look for the dessert sign!
Enjoy your summer and get your grill, with an awesome beverage station and some sweet desserts!
Let’s talk! Leave me a comment telling me what your grilling GO-TO’s are? Do you set up a beverage station? Have you made Grilled Corn before? Even better have you tried this recipe?