I have been searching for an easy no-fry recipe for doughnut holes! I found everything I wanted in this recipe! These doughnut holes are light and full of crunchy flavor! I would suggest tripling the batch! We ate these up so quick and needed more! I adapted the recipe from here.
- Coating for doughnut holes:
- 1/2 cup melted vegan butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 T cinnamon
- Doughnut Ingredients:
- 1 1/3 cup gluten free flour (I use Better Batter)
- 1 cup crispy gluten free cereal
- 2 T sugar
- 1 T baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup non dairy milk
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a small pan, melt butter. Then combine with sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a bowl mix flour, cereal, sugar, baking powder and salt. Fold in shortening.
- Stir until crumbly.
- Stir in milk.
- Roll mixture into 1 inch balls with your hands.
- Dip each ball into "coating mixture".
- Place in oiled 8X8 pan. Place balls together so they are touching.
- Bake 16 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.