Risotto is a delicious meal that you can easily make for your family! Throw in some kale for extra flavor and nutrients and you have the perfect meal: Kale Risotto
Hello Risotto! We are huge risotto fans in our house! You have probably seen our other risotto recipes. If not, be sure to check out Broccoli and Cheese Risotto, Tomato Risotto and Spinach and Shallot Risotto!
We recently updated this recipe with new photos and a video! We hope that you enjoy!
Kale is also another favorite for our family. Kale is very versatile It can be put into soups, risottos, on sandwiches and even eaten raw! Many home cooks are intimidated by risotto but its actually quite easy! Risotto does require you to pay attention to it and stir it, but you are able to make the rest of your dinner and set the table while its cooking. Take a look before and try it out!
If you LOVE kale, you need to check out this Kale Salad with Apples from A Mind Full Mom! It looks delicious!
It is easy, huh? 🙂
- 3 tablespoons "butter" (we used dairy free)
- ½ small onion, diced
- 2 cups arborio rice
- ½ cup of your favorite white wine
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups diced kale (stems removed)
- ½ cup of finely shredded cheese (I used a combo of fontina and parm)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in pan. Heat the pan to a medium heat, saute the chopped onions. Once onions are cooked, add dry rice and saute for 1 minute.
- Next, add your wine to the pan. Let the liquid cook down for about 1 minute. Next, add 2 cups of veggie broth. Let the broth cook down while you continually stir to avoid any burning. Once the liquid has been cooked down, add 2 more cups. Continue with this process until all your liquid is gone and your rice is soft. This process should take about 20 minutes.
- Finally, season with salt and pepper, stir in the raw kale. Stir and let the heat of the rice, wilt the kale.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheese! ENJOY!
Is kale not quite your thing, but you want to try risotto? Check out our other risotto recipes.
Visit our Amazon store to see our favorite kitchen equipment and gluten free food allergy products! *This post does contain an affiliate link.