Mexican Rice Casserole is a family friendly dish that is a perfect dish for a busy weeknight. Looking for more than a casserole? This dish also doubles as great taco stuffings!
Let’s be honest, I like an easy meal. Don’t you? You don’t want to spend the entire evening in the kitchen cooking. Then spend 10 minutes eating and the rest of the evening cleaning up? Nope, not me. This Mexican Rice Casserole is a super easy dish that can make a complete meal. But if you are looking for more, you can place this delicious rice mixture into a corn taco shell!
You might notice that I use a lot of fresh herbs in my cooking. I love cooking with fresh herbs, they add immense flavor to most dishes. You can easily grow your own herbs to save cost.
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- ½ c diced black olives
- 2 T gluten-free taco seasoning
- ½ c fresh cilantro
- Prepare rice per directions on package.
- Place all ingredients into an oiled casserole dish. Mix until well combined.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Top with additional cilantro for garnish.
Let’s talk! Leave me a comment telling me how you would enjoy this Mexican Rice Casserole? Would you eat it as is? Add a secret ingredient? Use it as a taco stuffing?
*This post contains affiliates links.