Tator Tots never go out of style on the dinner table. Did you know that? It’s true! You can dress up a tator tot in so many ways. We decided that we’d put a Mexican spin on our tots, so we created Mexican Tator Tot Casserole. It as the tots that our entire family loves, including adults and kids. But it takes the flavor up a notch. It adds a Mexican inspired flare to the dish.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- ½ bag of tator tots (8 oz)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (Mexican blend)
- 3 oz of diced black olives
- Heat over in skillet over medium heat. Saute onions until soft.
- Add corn, beans and sauce to the skillet. Stir to mix.
- Put frozen tots into a lightly oiled 8X8 square dish.
- Pour skillet mixture on top of tots.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Top with shredded cheese and olives. Place back into over until cheese is melted.
Visit our Amazon store to see our favorite kitchen equipment and gluten free, allergy friendly products! *This post does contain an affiliate link.