Pizza Burgers…mmmm Just thinking of this sandwich makes me a bit hungry! There is just something comforting about this sandwich! The warm portabella mushrooms gives such a filling and deep taste to the sandwich. I used vegan cheese to top my sandwich but feel free to use your favorite cheese! We adapted this recipe from one of Rachel Ray’s recipes. Its a keeper!
- 2 medium portabella mushrooms
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T balsamic
- 1 T dried oregano
- 2 oz of pizza or tomato sauce
- 2 slices of white "cheese" dairy or non dairy
- 2 gluten free buns
- Gently wash the mushroom caps and remove stems. Place the caps into a gallon size baggie with the olive oil, balsamic and oregano. Let marinate 10 minutes on each side.
- Heat skillet, cook caps for 5 minutes on each side or until done.
- Place cap "bottom side up" on bun. Split sauce between the caps. Top with cheese and reaming bun.
I shared this yummy recipe at my friend Lauren’s, Allergy Love Fest link up…Over at Epi Family!