This dish came about after I was researching recipes that used smoke paprika. This double protein dish (tofu + beans) packs a fun punch of flavor with smoked paprika as the seasoning. Tofu with Spanish Rice and Beans is a family favorite at our house! We adapted this recipe from here.
[Tweet “This double protein dish (tofu + beans) packs a fun punch of flavor with smoked paprika.”]
- 1 package of extra firm tofu, cubed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced (you pick the color)
- 3 cups of cooked rice (you pick your favorite kind of rice)
- 1.5 cups of tomatoes (I prefer fresh romas)
- 1.5 cups of kidney beans
- ½ cup of peas
- 1 t cumin
- 1 t smoked paprika (more or less to taste)
- ½ t chili powder (more or less to taste)
- In a hot skillet saute the cubed tofu until its brown. Set aside.
- Saute onion then add bell pepper.
- When onion and pepper are soft stir in remaining ingredients (except cooked tofu). Cook for 10-15 minutes. If your mixture becomes dry, try adding a bit of water.
- Add your cooked tofu and serve.
*This post contains an affiliate link