This dish involves smoked paprika. Have you ever tried smoked paprika? I actually won this at a dinner that I attended at Whole Foods Market. I was lucky enough to participate on the “Moms” customer advisory panel for an entire year. During that time, the store graciously provided a special Valentines dinner for us! We played a few games and I won this smoked paprika. I wasn’t all that thrilled that I won a jar of spices, however I take that all back now! I probably never in a million years would have purchased this product either, but I can tell you that I can’t live without it now. Never judge a spice by its jar It brings such a full deep taste to foods! I love it with beans, rice, eggs, you name it; it helps the flavor! I encourage you to try some, if your store carries it! Its worth it! We adapted this recipe from here.
- 1 package of extra firm tofu, cubed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced (you pick the color)
- 3 cups of cooked rice (you pick your favorite kind of rice)
- 1.5 cups of tomatoes (I prefer fresh romas)
- 1.5 cups of kidney beans
- 1/2 cup of peas
- 1 t cumin
- 1 t smoked paprika (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 t chili powder (more or less to taste)
- In a hot skillet saute the cubed tofu until its brown. Set aside.
- Saute onion then add bell pepper.
- When onion and pepper are soft stir in remaining ingredients (except cooked tofu). Cook for 10-15 minutes. If your mixture becomes dry, try adding a bit of water.
- Add your cooked tofu and serve.