Road trip time! But how will you pass the hours of that long drive? How about an audiobook? Check out our 10 Audiobooks that are Perfect for a Family-Friendly Road Trip !
Time for a road trip
We all know that road trips can mean a very long time traveling on the road. Packing up games and books are always a great idea, but sometimes, everyone may just need a different choice of entertainment to help pass the miles.
If you’ve never considered or given audiobooks a try, you need to add them to your packing list for your upcoming road trip! Not only are they a great way to get caught up on a few of the books that you’ve been wanting to read, but they also make it super easy to pop in a disc, and drive a few hundred miles without even realizing it.
Seriously! Audiobooks are GREAT at helping to pass the time on a road trip, for all members of your family.
If you are looking for a few audio books that are family-friendly to be a great accompaniment for your road trip, here are some suggestions that you should consider.
10 Audiobooks for a Family-Friendly Road trip
- Magic Treehouse. (affiliate ad link) Is there a better book series out there to make that family-friendly road trip even more fun? Full of adventure and family fun, this audiobook is certain to keep the attention of all members of your family for those long hours on the road.
- A Wrinkle in Time. (affiliate ad link) Wanting to add a little sci-fi to your road trip? This audiobook may be just what your family needs. Be prepared to not want to hit “stop” once you start this amazing audiobook.
- Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing. (affiliate ad link) Who isn’t a fan of Judy Blume? And with this fun and engaging audiobook, you’ll be transported back to your fourth-grade years right along with the story.
- Holes. (affiliate ad link) Looking for an audiobook that has a bit of mystery and excitement combined into one amazing storyline? With this choice, all ears in the car with be listening with excitement.
- Where the Red Fern Grows. (affiliate ad link) A timeless classic that is a bonus to be able to share with your family. Introduce your kids to this amazing story via audiobook and watch as the conversations start to flow!
- Auggie & Me: Three Wonder Stories. (affiliate ad link) If you and your family loved Wonder, then this is the audiobook that is a MUST for your next family-friendly road trip. You’ll get to discover different points of view from other characters throughout the story, and get a whole different perspective as well.
- The Tale of Despereaux. (affiliate ad link) Full of love, excitement, bravery, and emotions, this audiobook is certain to become a family favorite for all ages.
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. (affiliate ad link) Need a little adventure, friendship, and excitement on your road trip? With this audiobook choice, you’ll be hanging on to every word, always ready for more!
- The Mouse and the Motorcycle.(affiliate ad link) A mouse riding a motorcycle? Is there anything more interesting and intriguing than that? Give this audiobook a chance and pack it along during your next family-friendly road trip.
- Tuck Everlasting.(affiliate ad link) A beautifully written book that will come alive when listened to as audio. It’s full of hope, wonder, and love and is sure to leave you wanting for more.
Let’s head out for our family road trip
Don’t fret and worry about trying to find the perfect audiobook for your next family-friendly road trip. That’s the beauty of audiobooks!
You can be listening to one together as a family, then choose collectively to switch to another choice. With audiobooks, you can easily pick back up where you left off if you choose to give it another shot.
And the best part? There are a ton of audiobooks to choose from! While the 10 suggested ones above are a great place to start, do your research on books that you love or books that you’ve been wanting to read, and get the audiobook version instead.
A little helpful hint?
Instead of spending money to download or heading to the store and scouring the shelves, why not head to your local library instead? They have a ton of audiobook choices that are free, and could be exactly what you are looking for!
The best part about being able to check them out from the library? You can check out multiples and give them a go! Have fun making your audiobook choices for your next family-friendly road trip, and make certain to pack several just in case!
You may find that you want to juggle listening to a couple for the duration of the trip, and that sounds like a great way to pass the time! If you love to travel, check out our travel section.
Let’s talk! Have you used an audiobook before? Did it help you pass the time on your road trip? Do you have any favorite Audiobooks for a Family-Friendly Road Trip? If so drop them below!