Traveling abroad with kids is not as hard as you think. With a little planning, you will be jet-setting off to some fun in no time! Check out our 10 Items to Pack When Traveling Abroad with Kids.
When planning a trip abroad with kids, there are a lot of different factors that one needs to consider. And when you factor in the limitations on what you can pack and take, it can cause a little bit of stress and frustration to start to creep up when trying to find a way to successfully pack everything that is on your “must-have” list.
The good news? There are a ton of great options out there that you can actually purchase to help ease your traveling abroad woes when traveling with your kids!
Why not make those long flying miles go a bit smoother with a few of these great additions and items to consider?
10 Items to Pack When Traveling Abroad with Kids
- Kids Travel Play Table. Being realistic about items that you need for your child is key. With this Kids Travel Play Table, it’s the perfect way for them to have their space for all their toys and items, and stay organized as well.
- Traveling Toddler Car Seat Travel Accessory. While you may not always need it, having this car seat accessory is a great item to pack for your little ones just in case. Airports and other busy places in a different country can be quite chaotic, so finding a way to keep your little one close and secure is a must!
- Tic-Tac-Toe Travel Game. Who doesn’t love tic-tac-toe? And the best part about this game? The wooden pieces are actually attached so there is no chance at all of your child losing any of the pieces while traveling. Sounds like a must-have item for certain!
- Comfortable Travel Pillow. Those long flights can be a pain for anyone’s neck. Give your little one a super comfortable travel pillow that they can rest easy with during those extended flights abroad.
- Noise Canceling Headphones. If your little one is sensitive to noises going on around them, be prepared by packing a pair of these noise canceling headphones. The sounds from the airplane can be quite loud at times, so your child will be happy to have these an option if they decide to want them!
- Word Search Puzzles for Kids. Depending on the length of your trip, plan on packing a few fun and engaging activities as well for your child to enjoy. Word search puzzles are great to have on hand because they are challenging, but fun as well.
- Hand Sanitizer. While this item may not be something that is standard to think about when deciding what to pack, trust me on this one…you will want to have hand sanitizer available at all times to be able to have your kids clean their hands from one location to the next!
- Wet Wipes. You never know when a mess may strike, and being unprepared in a new-to-you country is no fun. Plan ahead by packing up a container (or two) of wet wipes. In any situation, a wet wipe can be a handy addition!
- Snacks. Make certain you are packed and ready with a ton of snack options for your little ones! We always make certain to stock up on vegetarian and gluten-free items as our go-to snacks of choice. When traveling abroad, there will be plenty of instances that your children will be hungry and be asking for food choices, so why not plan ahead and be prepared?
- Books. Lots and lots of books. What better way to pass the time on a long journey than to read and have your little ones use their imagination to explore the words and books around them? And if you don’t have room for physical books, then just download several great options that they can read from any device. Super simple!
Planning ahead and packing accordingly for your kids when traveling abroad doesn’t need to be overly complicated. Make certain that you pack enough snacks options to keep their tummies happy and enough engaging and interactive items to keep their minds occupied for the duration of the trip.
The more items that you pack, the better prepared that you can be for you and your family’s travel abroad journey. Keep in mind to make certain to pack only the items that your kids will want, as there isn’t room to guess!
Have them help you in deciding what they are wanting, and then make it happen. The sooner you prepare, the less worry you have to think about when it comes time for your trip.
Have you traveled abroad with your kids? Let’s talk, leave me a comment sharing YOUR tips!