Hey there, beautiful sandwich. Wow, that sandwich is just calling to be eaten! So tasty and so adult. Who said adulting is hard? Well, this grown up grilled cheese makes it a whole lot easier! At least in the food department.
Just using simple ingredients: gluten-free bread, granny smith apple, freshly shredded gouda…you get the idea!
Oh yes and I am going to let you in on a little secret. Toasting your gluten-free bread before putting it in the skillet to make your grilled cheese equals perfection.
[Tweet “Want to know the secret to the BEST #glutenfree #grilledcheese? Check this out!”]
Apple Gouda Grilled Cheese
- 8 slices of gluten-free bread
- 1 Granny Smith Apple cut into thin slices
- 1 cup shredded Gouda Cheese
- olive oil
- Toast all the gluten-free bread first.
- In a pan over medium heat place 1/2 T olive oil into the pan. Add 2 bread slices.
- Place 1/4 cup cheese onto the bread, top with a few thinly sliced apples. Put a second piece of bread on top of each sandwich.
- Cook on both sides until golden brown, you may need to add more olive oil.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients until you have four sandwiches.
We love the deliciousness of the Gouda and the tartness of the apple. We love it that the apple still have some crispness when the bread has turned golden. It is the perfect pairing!
Looking for other allergy-friendly recipes? All of our recipes are nut-free and gluten-free. We also have vegan recipes too!
Let’s talk! Leave me a comment telling me what your favorite grilled cheese combination is. Have you tried apple?