Let’s get into the fabulous tofu recipe that you can make once you get your press!
We love taking recipes that traditionally use nut butter and subbing in our favorites.
Things like Sunbutter or any type of seed/pea spread works great for this BBQ Tofu Skewer. This is a very fun and easy recipe that can be adapted for all taste buds and allergy needs!
If you don’t have a nut allergy feel free to use peanut butter! This recipe idea was adapted from The New Vegetarian Grill.
BBQ Tofu Skewers
- Use your EZ Tofu press to squeeze liquid from tofu.
- While your tofu is prepping, mix BBQ sauce, soy, sauce and sunflower seed butter.
- After 10 minutes of pressing your tofu remove from the press. Next cut your tofu into 2 inch cubes.
- Mix tofu, bell pepper and onion into sauce. Let marinade for 10 minutes. Stir to coat.
- Next thread the veggies and tofu onto skewers.
- Grill or broil your skewers until veggies start to blacken and are soft. Turn occassionaly.
- When skewers are ready serve over a bed of rice.
Leave me a comment telling me your favorite food item to BBQ and grill?