For some random reason, I have been really hungry for a cheese ball and crackers. It was always something that I’d enjoy when going to a party or a get together. But our lifestyle now doesn’t really lend itself to your average cheese ball. Many times you will find meat mixed into a cheese ball and they are often coated with nuts. And of course, they are made with dairy. Certainly doesn’t lend itself well to a vegetarian family who has little ones with food allergies! So I set out to create a cheese ball the entire family could enjoy! Keep in mind that if you can consume dairy you can just swap out the “dairy free” items in the recipe!
If you are looking for a great homemade gluten free cracker recipe, I’d recommend this one.
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened (dairy free or dairy)
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (non dairy Daiya cheese or dairy)
- ½ t Worcestershire sauce (make sure its gf and vegan)
- pinch cayenne
- ¼ cup finely chopped black olives
- ¼ c finely chopped green pepper
- Using an electric mixer or your strong arms mix together cream cheese and cheddar until smooth.
- Next, add Worcestershire and cayenne. Mix to blend ingredients together.
- Add olive and pepper. Mix until completely blended.
- Roll into a ball, place in 'plastic wrap' and chill 1 hour.
- Serve with crackers, ENJOY!