Impress your family with this crunchy and delicious gluten-free broccoli bean casserole. It has all the vitamins and nutrients your family needs in an easy one-dish meal.
This is a comforting casserole. It makes my belly happy and my mind happy. I love combining tasty vegetables together with rice to make a complete dinner in a casserole dish! This recipe is very easy to make and makes a lot!
So make sure you are hungry or prepare for leftovers! We adapted this recipe from here. Looking for other allergy-friendly recipes? All our recipes are nut-free and gluten-free. We also have vegan recipes too!
How to Make a Gluten-Free Broccoli Bean Casserole
This meal has everything your family needs for a filling meal. And it’s all vegetarian and gluten-free too. Here’s what I put in it.
- Grains – Rice, gluten-free all-purpose flour, gluten-free Panko bread crumbs
- Vegetables – Vegetable broth, broccoli, mushrooms, onion, carrots, celery
- Oils – Dairy-free butter
- Protein – White beans
- Spices – Salt and pepper
What Other Beans Can You Use?
I used white beans because they have a mild flavor. But really any combination of other beans will work great. You can use kidney or black beans or even throw in some lima beans.
More Gluten-Free Casserole Recipes
If you enjoyed this recipe, then you will love these other gluten-free casseroles too.
Broccoli Bean Casserole – #glutenfree
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 8 cups veggie broth
- 2 heads broccoli cut into small pieces
- 2 cups of button mushrooms finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dairy free butter
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots peeled and finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks finely chopped
- 1 can white beans drained and rinsed
- 4 T gluten free all purpose flour (I use Better Batter)
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 cup gluten free panko bread crumbs
- Bring 4 cups of veggie broth to a boil. Add in rice. Cook over medium heat for about 35-40 minutes or until done. When done, set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare broccoli. I prefer to steam mine until tender, but you can also boil. Pick your method and set your cooked broccoli aside.
- In a large pot melt your dairy-free butter; add in your onions and mushrooms. Saute for 3 minutes
- Next, add in your carrots and celery, cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in beans.
- Add your gluten-free all-purpose flour to the vegetable bean mixture, stir to mix.
- Pour your remaining broth on the veggies/beans. Bring to a boil and allow to thicken (about 3-4 minutes)
- In a slightly oiled casserole dish, place half the cooked rice and then half the broccoli.
- Pour half your onion, mushroom, carrot and celery/bean mixture on top of the broccoli and rice. Continue layering until all ingredients are in the bowl.
- Melt 2 T of your dairy-free butter and mix with your gluten-free panko crumbs. Stir to combine, then put this mixture on top of your casserole.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes covered with foil, then remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes or until you have a perfect golden brown layer on top!
All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.