This is one of my favorite easy recipes! Let me emphasize….e.a.sy. 🙂 I love using tomatoes off the vine for this sammy. There is nothing better than a tomato straight from the garden! But since its early summer and well I don’t have any ripe tomatoes in my garden, the store variety will be just fine!
It should be noted this is also a recipe that can be adapted for your eating needs. You can use wheat or gluten free bread, you can use dairy mayo or vegan mayo! You get the picture, you can mix and match as much as your little heart desires! For the bread we use a Gluten Free bread using Better Batter Flour. Click HERE to see that recipe!
So let’s get on with the recipe!
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 2 T Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Ripe Tomatoes
- 3 T Mayo (of your choice, we use Earth Balance Vegan/soy free)
- ½ t dried parsley
- ¼ t dried oregano
- ¼ t pepper
- 3 T Parm (dairy or vegan)
- 4 slices toasted bread ( ** I used gluten free bread made with a Better Batter recipe)
- Slice tomato and place into a bowl with the balsamic vinegar and allow to marinate while you toast the bread and make the mayo mix.
- Toast bread slices.
- Mix mayo and spices. Spread mayo mix on toasted bread, then top with tomatoes. Top with parm. Place under broiler until the open faced sammy begins to turn golden in color.
What types of food do you like to make from your garden harvest?