Brownie Bombs are just a fun and fancy name for chocolate covered brownie bites. These little guys will explode with chocolatey flavor when you eat them!
So these cute little brownie bombs are just a fancy name for chocolate covered brownie bites. Sometimes it is fun to play with the names of things.
Besides, my kids love that they can pop one in their mouth and taste the explosion of flavor! See what I did there? 😉
This recipe is simple and very allergy-friendly. For our brownie base, we used Enjoy Life Foods Brownie Mix. The brownies contain 5 grams of plant based protein in each serving.
Of course the mixes are TOP8 allergen free (just like all Enjoy Life Foods Products) they are also verified nonGMO AND certified gluten-free.
First, you are going to mix up the brownies in a large bowl per the instructions on the package. Then bake your brownies in a regular baking pan.
Make sure not to overcook the brownies here – you want them to be soft and sticky enough to roll into balls later. Let your brownies cool completely while you are making the chocolate sauce!
Yep, that involves melting down some delicious chocolate chips! What’s better than melted chocolate? That’s right. Nothing.
I used some of this delicious dairy-free chocolate, sunflower seed spread and dairy-free butter to create the delicious gooey melted chocolate topping that enveloped our brownie bites!
While your chocolate is melting as you stir it, you can become a super multi-tasker and roll your baked gluten-free brownies into 1 inch balls. Just simply roll the brownies between your hands.
Once your chocolate mixture is melted and your nut-free brownies are rolled into balls, you are ready to coat with chocolate!
Simply spoon a brownie ball, one at a time into the mixture. With a slotted spoon remove the brownie bomb bite slowly and place on parchment paper to harden. It’s easier if you use a cookie sheet lined with parchment, then you can pop the whole thing into the fridge so you don’t have to wait so long for the chocolate coating to set.
Are you a brownie lover? You need to check out these Avocado Brownies from Dishing Delish.
Next, is the FUN part! You get to customize your delicious brownie bombs to your liking.
Whether you sprinkle them with powdered sugar, leave them as is or sprinkle with your favorite colorful sprinkles …THESE tasty treats are sure to please!
How Else Can I Personalize These Brownies?
The possibilities here are endless!
- Try white chocolate or candy melts for the coating
- Use crushed cookies or candies for the topping
- Add in chocolate chips to the brownies themselves for a little extra chocolate.
- Put them on sticks and call them brownie pops!
Pin this recipe for later:
Still looking for more sweet recipes? Check out these recipes from my blogger friends: Banana Oatmeal Cookies, Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies, Vegan Chocolate Cake and Gluten Free Cut Out Sugar Cookies.
How would you make these brownie bombs special? Ready for this easy to make recipe?
- 1 box of Enjoy Life Foods Brownie Mix plus ingredients needed as listed on the box
- 1/2 c of Enjoy Life Foods Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 T Dairy-Free Butter
- 1 T heaping size of Creamy SunFlower Seed Butter
- Optional: Powdered Sugar Sprinkles
- Prepare brownies per the directions on box. Bake, set aside to cool.
- While brownies are cooling, in a small sauce pan over low heat, combine the chocolate chips, sunflower seed spread and butter. Stir until melted.
- Take cooled brownies and rolls into 1 inch balls. Simply grab some baked brownie and roll gently between your hands into a ball shape.
- Using a slotted spoon, dip brownie balls into chocolate to coat. Set on parchment paper to harden.
- Once all brownie bombs are coated with chocolate, add optional toppings if desired.
- Place in fridge to help harden. (approx 30 minutes)
Let’s talk! Leave me a comment telling me if you are a brownie lover! Chocolate lover? Both! What is your favorite sweet treat?
*Thank you to Enjoy Life Foods for sponsoring this post!
PIN for later: