This gluten free broccoli cheese casserole will easily become a favorite among your broccoli casserole recipes! You are going to love the combination of cheese, broccoli and hash browns!
Cheesy Broccoli Casserole
If you love cheesy goodness, than this cheesy broccoli casserole will be perfect for you and your family! Serving your family a casserole for dinner not only makes your life easier but is already pleasing on the tummy! Who doesn’t love an easy dinner, right?
Busy schedules are becoming more of a regular occurence, so we are always searching for recipes that are easy to make and even make ahead. We want dinner time to be easy! This broccoli cheese casserole recipe fits the bill for busy nights!
This is one of my families go to recipes. It can be prepped ahead of time and stored in the fridge until you are ready to bake it! It can be made gluten free and dairy free as well! We love how adaptable this recipe is!
Can I make this recipe dairy-free?
Yes, you can! The ingredients in this recipe are simple enough that you can easily sub in dairy-free items. You can find dairy-free cheese, dairy-free cream cream, dairy-free butter and dairy-free milk!
Does this recipe have to be gluten-free?
Nope! If you are not having to eat gluten-free you are welcome to make it with all purpose wheat flour. We live with some dietary restrictions that force our recipes to be made gluten-free. Using wheat flour will not change the recipe.
What kind of cheese can I use?
You can use any type of cheese that you like with this recipe. My personal favorite with this recipe is cheddar cheese. But if I happen to be out of cheddar, I just whatever type of cheese I have on hand.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
You can! I like to construct this casserole and store it in the fridge unbaked until I am ready to use it! This makes dinner prep easy! Just pop the easy broccoli casserole into the oven when you are ready! Then dinner is served!
What size baking dish do I use?
For this recipe I use a 9X13 baking dish. You can also divide the recipe into two portions. If you divide the recipe use 8X8 baking dishes. When dividing the portion, the recipe is used as a side dish instead of a main dish.
More Casserole Recipes:
Pin for later:
Get your gluten free broccoli casserole recipe here:
Cheesy Broccoli Casserole – #glutenfree
- 2 tablespoons butter dairy or non dairy (We like Earth Balance)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose gluten free flour we use Better Batter
- 2 cups milk dairy or non dairy
- 1 4 ounce package cream cheese, diced (dairy or non dairy) (We like tofutti)
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese of your choice
- 1 12 ounce package frozen hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups broccoli steamed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large pan, melt butter and stir in flour.
- Next add milk, cream cheese and cheese. Stir until melted.
- Add potatoes and heat thoroughly.
- Add steamed broccoli, stir.
- Pour into prepared (lightly oiled) casserole dish.
- Bake for 20 to 35 minutes; or until browned.
Let’s talk! Leave me a comment telling me your favorite type of casserole! Do you love make ahead meals?