Sometimes all it takes is a big bowl of Corn and Potato Soup to satisfy your hunger. This comfort food will warm your body and make your belly happy!
**This recipe recently was revamped. Just new pictures and a video, but the delicious recipe stays the same!
I am such a lover of soup! Whether its hot or cold, soup always tastes good! I love pairing corn and potatoes together. It makes me think of my mom. She loved to eat mashed potatoes topped with corn! This soup is essentially that dish but in “soup” form. Isn’t it great when food can bring back happy memories?
This soup is certainly a comfort food recipe for me. It uses simple ingredients, it tastes amazing and it brings back happy memories! You can’t get much better than that!
- 2 cups of cubed potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- medium onion
- 2 T of butter option to use a dairy-free or vegan product here
- 2 T of all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/4 t pepper
- 3 cups of milk option to use a dairy-free or vegan product here
- 2 cups of corn fresh or frozen
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese option to use a dairy-free or vegan product here
- Bring potatoes to a boil. Cook until done (soft) and drain. Be sure to reserve 1 cup of the potato water.
- Heat a dash of olive oil and saute the diced onion.
- In the same pan as the onions, melt butter and stir in flour and pepper until smooth.
- Gradually add the milk product and reserved potato water, while stirring.
- Bring to a boil. Boil until thick.
- Add corn, heat throughout.
- Remove from heat and add cheese. Stir until melted.