This Easy Vegetarian Lasagna Soup Recipe is a one pot lasagna that your family will be begging for. This vegetarian lasagna soup will fool meat eaters.
Easy Lasagna Soup is a combination of two comfort dishes rolled into one. The comforting taste of lasagna paired with a soul warming soup.
This recipe is sponsored by Explore Cuisine and we thank them for that.
Let me be honest, I love soup any time of the year. Soup does get pretty popular when the weather turns cooler.
With the extremely cold, negative temperatures that we have been having now is the perfect time to share this soup with you. This easy lasagna soup is the ultimate comfort soup. Just think, can it get any better than one pot lasagna soup?
Easy Lasagna Soup Ingredients
Here is what you need to round up from the pantry and fridge:
- Gluten free lasagna noodles
- Diced Tomatoes
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Vegetable Broth
- Brown sugar
- Cheeses: I used mozzarella, parmesan, and ricotta cheese.
- Seasoning and Herbs: For this soup, I used a classic combination of parsley, Italian seasoning, and fresh basil to garnish with before serving.
Why not pair two comfort foods together, right? We love soup and it is soul warming. We love lasagna because it is comforting. BOOM! Now we have a soul warming comforting soup!
Genius, I tell you! 🙂 While you can make slow cooker or crockpot lasagna soup, we made ours on the stove top. I have also heard you can make it in the instant pot but I haven’t tried that yet.
How To Make This Vegetarian Lasagna Soup
This lasagna soup couldn’t be easier! Just a few simple steps:
Saute the onions. In a large pot over medium high heat, warm the oil. Then saute the onions until hot.
Add the noodles. Next, add in the lasagna noodles, diced tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, vegetable broth, sugar and bring to a boil. Boil for 6-8 minutes until noodles are cooked completely. You will need to stir so noodles do not stick together.
Add the chickpeas. Next, add in chickpeas. Stir to mix.
Make the cheese mixture. In a bowl create your cheese mixture. Mix ricotta, parmesan, parsley, Italian Seasoning and mozzarella cheese.
Assemble and enjoy! Spoon soup mixture into bowls. Top with 1/4-1/2 cup of the cheese mixture. Top with fresh basil as a garnish! ENJOY!
The soup starts with a base of lasagna noodles. I happened to use a gluten-free brand that I often mention here on our site. I bet you know who I am talking about, right?
For our lasagna noodles, we used the Organic Green Lentil Lasagne from Explore Cuisine.
We are IN LOVE with the entire line of products and use them in our house weekly! Not only is this pasta certified gluten-free but its also tastes great and is FULL of protein!
We used one box of 8 oz gluten-free lasagna noodles for this easy lasagna soup recipe. Break the noodles up into smaller pieces to make them easier to eat within the soup.
Next up is the comforting part, you know that goodness that fills a typical lasagna!
I added in some fresh herbs as well as some dry herbs to the mix. We also included some ricotta and parmesan to this delicious lasagna soup recipe!
Tips For Making This Easy Lasagna Soup
- If you’d prefer to cook your lasagna noodles by themselves, they seem to cook better and hold up better. Simply boil water first, cook noodles, drain and set aside. Then simply skip the step above where you add in noodles. You will still bring the liquid mixture to a boil and then simmer for 4 minutes. After that continue with the recipe as – is.You can cook the recipe with the noodles in the pot. I have found that it is easier to boil the noodles and set aside while you are preparing the soup base. Then place the noodles into bowls and pour the soup base on top of the lasagna noodles.
Not vegetarian? Make this a meat dish.
It is totally fine if you want to add meat to this dish. I would suggest adding in some sauteed ground beef.
Want to make this a vegan lasagna soup?
If you are looking for a vegan version of easy lasagna soup, you need to hit up my friend Nicole’s site! She made a (plant based) Vegan (and gluten free) lasagna soup that you need to check out!
Can I freeze this vegetarian lasagna soup?
I haven’t actually tried to freeze this soup, however I think that you could. Just wait until the soup completely cools and place into the freezer. The gluten-free noodles may get a touch mushy when reheating.
Looking for more gluten-free recipes? You can check out all our recipes, that use Explore Cuisine pastas! Yummy recipes like:
If you are interested in more soup recipes, check out these easy soup recipes:
Pin for later:
Easy Lasagna Soup
- 8 oz lasagna gluten-free
- 2 teaspoon oil
- 1 cup onion diced
- 29 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon sugar brown
- 8 oz chickpeas
- 15 oz ricotta
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh basil sliced
- In a large pot over medium high heat, warm the oil. Then saute the onions until hot.
- Next, add in the lasagna noodles, diced tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, vegetable broth, sugar and bring to a boil. Boil for 6-8 minutes until noodles are cooked completely. You will need to stir so noodles do not stick together.
- Next, add in chickpeas. Stir to mix.
- In a bowl create your cheese mixture. Mix ricotta, parmesan, parsley, Italian Seasoning and mozzarella cheese.
- Spoon soup mixture into bowls. Top with 1/4-1/2 cup of the cheese mixture. Top with fresh basil as a garnish! ENJOY!
All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.
See how easy that gluten-free lasagna soup recipe is? I told you it was simple and mouthwatering!
Hungry for more?
Looking for more gluten-free recipes? You can check out all our recipes, that use Explore Cuisine pastas! Yummy recipes like: Kid Friendly Pasta Salad, Vegetable Bolognese, Warm Black Bean and Corn Pasta Salad, Spaghetti Stuffed Peppers, Roasted Cauliflower Alfredo and Vegetable Ragu.
Let’s talk! Leave me a comment below telling me if you are a lasagna lover? Have you tried a lasagna soup before?