Yes, you can indulge in vegan and gluten-free doughnut holes! This recipe is one you are going to love if you can’t eat gluten.
You know those times when you really just want a donut? Sometimes that craving can be almost overpowering. I have a recipe that is perfect for those times! These donut holes are perfect! They are gluten-free and vegan. They taste every bit as delicious as conventional donuts. But they don’t have any ingredients you won’t like.
Easy Baked Donut Holes
I have been searching for an easy no-fry recipe for doughnut holes! I found everything I wanted in this recipe! Homemade Baked Doughnut Holes will be your favorite too!
These doughnut holes are light and full of crunchy flavor! I would suggest tripling the batch! Not that you will eat the entire bunch in one sitting. But you’ll want to. And as soon as your family smells them, they will be gone!
We ate these up so quick and needed more! I adapted the recipe from here.
How to Make Vegan and Gluten-Free Donut Holes
The secret to making crispy donut holes is to use crispy gluten-free cereal for the outer coating. Oh and use plenty of sugar.
These are the ingredients you will need:
- Vegan butter
- Gluten-Free Flour
- Crispy Gluten-Free Cereal
- Baking Powder
- Vegetable Shortening
- Non-Dairy Milk
Baked Not Fried
These crispy treats are baked in the oven at 425 degrees for less than 20 minutes. When they come out, they will be super hot and perfectly crispy! If you want them a little crisper, just bake them a few more minutes.
Pin this Homemade Baked Donut Hole recipe for later:
Air Fryer Donuts
- In a small pan, melt butter. Pour butter into its own bowl. Then combine with sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a bowl mix flour, cereal, sugar, baking powder and salt. Fold in shortening.
- Stir until mixture crumbly. Stir in milk.
- Roll mixture into 1 inch balls with your hands.
- Place donut holes into the air fryer. Air Fryer at 380 degrees F for 6 minutes. At the 3 minute mark, give the air fryer basket a quick shake.
- When donut holes are done cooking, carefully remove the air fryer donut holes. Carefully (they will be hot) dip each ball into "coating mixture".
- Looking for vegan air fryer recipes? We have some of those too! You can even check out our YouTube channel for some air fryer videos.
- Still don’t have an air fryer of your own? Be sure to check out our air fryer reviews from several of the top models out there. You’ll be whipping up free air fryer recipes in no time!
- Want to learn more about Air Fryers? Check out our Air Fryer 101 post! Having an Air Fryer is great but may also mean that you have a ton of questions as well.
- We have some great tips for using your air fryer! Be sure to check out our Common Air Fryer Mistakes post so you are avoiding common problems when using your air fryer.
- How to clean your air fryer, that is the million dollar question that we’ve been hearing lately! Wondering the correct and best way to clean your air fryer? Check out these tips for cleaning your airfryer!
All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.
More Gluten-Free Desserts
Want some more ways to satiate your sweet tooth? Here are some of my favorite gluten-free dessert recipes.