Who wants some Homemade Crispy Onion Rings? How about gluten free ones? Yum, these little guys are so delicious! We do not eat fried foods very much, however every once in a while its such a treat! I could have eaten a double batch of this recipe. No matter how long they sat, they were SUPER crispy! Love the crispiness of the rings! My boys loved them as well! I read about making you own DIY Gluten Free Pankos from GF Chex over at Beard and Bonnet! What a fantastic trick! I adapted the onion rings recipe from here.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour gluten free flour I use Better Batter
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons gluten free potato starch
- big pinch of cayenne
- 1 can club soda
- 2-3 cups smashed Gluten Free chex see link in post (Or other cereal)
- sunflower oil for frying or your fav oil
- 2 yellow onions cut into 1/4-inch rings
Mix flour, cornstarch and potato starch together with cayenne.
Next, slowly add the club soda. You want your batter to be thick. Add slowly while stirring. Adjust as needed, you may or may not have to use the entire can.
Place smashed chex cereal in a new bowl.
Dip onion rings in batter first, then into chex.
Fry each ring in oil until golden.
You can use a deep fryer or heat oil in your pan until 350 degrees. Be careful it will be HOT!