Homemade frosting isn’t hard to make and it makes cake and cupcakes taste even better. Its easy to make homemade frosting allergy friendly. This frosting freezes well too! We love this White Cake Frosting!
For the frosting I slightly adapted a recipe from, here. The frosting is great! I love it when its a bit colder! My suggestion when icing your cupcakes is to chill the frosting for a few minutes! It certainly helps. I frosted mine by putting my icing in a ziploc bag. Then cut a small corner off the bottom and squeezed it out! Or you can get an icing gadget which is very helpful too!
Need more gluten-free dessert recipes? Visit the Recipe Index to see all of our recipes, or try one of these: Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp, Lemon Cranberry Cookies, Gluten Free Brownie Trifle, or Triple Chocolate Cake!
Homemade White Cake Frosting – #glutenfree #vegan
- 1/2 cup vegan shortening
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of pure vanilla
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk or your favorite sub
- In your mixer, beat the shortening and margarine until combined.
- Add your powdered sugar and beat for 3-4 minutes.
- Next, add your vanilla and coconut milk and beat on medium speed for 7-8 minutes. The consistency of the frosting really changes as you get closer to 7 minutes. Take your time, wait, it will happen 🙂
*this post contains an affiliate link