Instant Pot Cheesy Potato Leek Soup is a delicious, yet simple meal to prepare. If you are looking for a quick, delicious dinner, this recipe is for you.
Hey there Instant Pot fans! We have another Instant Pot Soup Recipe for you! YUMMMO!
This soup was created by adapting our Instant Pot Potato Leek Soup! Sometimes you just need a little cheese.
This soup is perfect for taking in a thermos for lunch. In fact, I often take it to the soccer field!
Remember, I’ve been working on recipes that are easy to transport so I have some yummy stuff to eat at the soccer field.
You can always take the soup out little by little and put into a blender or a food processor.
Whatever works for you! Let’s make this easy! Right?!
- 2 T butter or olive oil
- 2 large leek, white and pale green parts, sliced thinly
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 6 cups of veggie broth
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to season and fresh parsley to garnish
- Turn on the SAUTE feature of your Instant Pot. Melt the butter and saute the leeks.
- When leeks are soft add in the potatoes and broth.
- Turn your Instant Pot to Manual, then HIGH pressure and set for 12 minutes. After the 12 minute timer is complete, carefully use the steam release to remove the pressure.
- Gently add the cheese slices and stir to melt. Puree with an immersion blender or food processor.
- Place into bowls, season with salt and pepper and parsley.
Whoa, that was an easy recipe! What do you think?
Leave me a comment telling me if you like smooth soup or chunky soup? What is your favorite texture for soup?