Instant Pot Cheesy Potato Leek Soup is a delicious, yet simple meal to prepare. If you are looking for a quick, delicious dinner, this recipe is for you.
Instant Pot Cheesy Potato Leek Soup
Hey there Instant Pot fans! We have another Instant Pot Soup Recipe for you! YUMMMO!
All our recipes are nut-free and gluten-free. We also have vegan recipes too! This one however, does have cheese! If you are dairy-free you could sub in your own fav cheese!
This soup was created by adapting our Instant Pot Potato Leek Soup! Sometimes you just need a little cheese.
Ingredients For This Instant Pot Cheesy Potato Leek Soup
- Vegetable Broth
- Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
This soup is perfect for taking in a thermos for lunch. In fact, I often take it to the soccer field!
Remember, I’ve been working on recipes that are easy to transport so I have some yummy stuff to eat at the soccer field.
How Do You Clean Leeks?
It’s important that you clean the leeks before cooking them. Leeks can be very sandy and dirty, and you wouldn’t know it! So be sure to wash them well.
- Start by cutting off and discarding the root ends and the thick dark green parts.
- Cut the leeks in half lengthwise. Then you want to rinse each half under cold water. Be sure to pull apart the layers to remove any grit that could be hiding inside.
- Once you have cleaned and rinsed them, you can then proceed to chop and cook them as directed.
How To Make This Cheesy Potato Leek Soup
Turn on the SAUTE feature of your Instant Pot. Melt the butter and saute the leeks.
When leeks are soft add in the potatoes and broth.
Turn your Instant Pot to Manual, then HIGH pressure and set for 12 minutes. After the 12 minute timer is complete, carefully use the steam release to remove the pressure.
Gently add the cheese slices and stir to melt. Puree with an immersion blender or food processor.
Place into bowls, season with salt and pepper and parsley.
Can you freeze this pressure cooker cheesy potato leek soup?
I’ve been asked if this soup can be used as a make-ahead meal and stored in the freezer. The answer is, yes, you can freeze this soup.
Some people like to store their frozen soups in gallon-sized zippered bags and lay them flat in the freezer. Then, all you have to do is put them in the refrigerator overnight to thaw.
When you are ready to cook the soup, put it in a large pot and heat it on the stove.
More Soup Recipes
I did use an immersion blender to puree this soup. I did it right in the Instant Pot.
You can always take the soup out little by little and put into a blender or a food processor.
Whatever works for you! Let’s make this easy! Right?!
Instant Pot Cheesy Potato Leek Soup
- 2 T butter or olive oil
- 2 large leek white and pale green parts, sliced thinly
- 4 medium potatoes peeled and diced
- 6 cups of veggie broth
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to season and fresh parsley to garnish
- Turn on the SAUTE feature of your Instant Pot. Melt the butter and saute the leeks.
- When leeks are soft add in the potatoes and broth.
- Turn your Instant Pot to Manual, then HIGH pressure and set for 12 minutes. After the 12 minute timer is complete, carefully use the steam release to remove the pressure.
- Gently add the cheese slices and stir to melt. Puree with an immersion blender or food processor.
- Place into bowls, season with salt and pepper and parsley.
All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.
Whoa, that was an easy recipe! What do you think?
Leave me a comment telling me if you like smooth soup or chunky soup? What is your favorite texture for soup?