Instant Pot Cheesy Potato Leek Soup is a delicious, yet simple meal to prepare. If you are looking for a quick, delicious dinner, this recipe is for you.
Hey there Instant Pot fans! We have another Instant Pot Soup Recipe for you! YUMMMO!
All our recipes are nut-free and gluten-free. We also have vegan recipes too! This one however, does have cheese! If you are dairy-free you could sub in your own fav cheese!
This soup was created by adapting our Instant Pot Potato Leek Soup! Sometimes you just need a little cheese.
This soup is perfect for taking in a thermos for lunch. In fact, I often take it to the soccer field!
Remember, I’ve been working on recipes that are easy to transport so I have some yummy stuff to eat at the soccer field.
I did use an immersion blender to puree this soup. I did it right in the Instant Pot.
You can always take the soup out little by little and put into a blender or a food processor.
Whatever works for you! Let’s make this easy! Right?!
- 2 T butter or olive oil
- 2 large leek white and pale green parts, sliced thinly
- 4 medium potatoes peeled and diced
- 6 cups of veggie broth
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to season and fresh parsley to garnish
- Turn on the SAUTE feature of your Instant Pot. Melt the butter and saute the leeks.
- When leeks are soft add in the potatoes and broth.
- Turn your Instant Pot to Manual, then HIGH pressure and set for 12 minutes. After the 12 minute timer is complete, carefully use the steam release to remove the pressure.
- Gently add the cheese slices and stir to melt. Puree with an immersion blender or food processor.
- Place into bowls, season with salt and pepper and parsley.
Did you make this recipe?Be sure to snap a picture and post it to Instagram with the hashtag #VegetarianMamma! I love seeing our recipes being recreated!
Whoa, that was an easy recipe! What do you think?
Leave me a comment telling me if you like smooth soup or chunky soup? What is your favorite texture for soup?