These oven roasted vegetables over rice is a vegetable packed dish that will bring a lot of flavor to your table. Fresh vegetables, roasted with lemon are the perfect pairing.
The Best Oven Roasted Vegetables Recipe
Sometimes I just feel the need for a hearty vegetable dish. I love to roast vegetables any time of the year, but especially in the cooler months. There is just something about these warm vegetables that hit the spot.
Roast Lemons With Veggies for Huge Flavor
I am always looking for new ways to season the vegetables that I roast. I’ve heard about people roasting lemons along with their vegetables and thought it was worth a try. Let me tell you, I haven’t looked back.
Hop aboard the lemon train, this stuff is good. If you love lemon, you will love how it flavors all the vegetables in this dish. The lemon and vegetable flavors, marry perfectly.
What spices do you put on roasted vegetables?
I didn’t use any – just a bit of cilantro. The amazing thing is how the aroma of the lemon soaks into the vegetables and gives them a burst of natural flavor.
But if you want, you can add some salt, pepper, and garlic for a little more spice.
I love using a variety of colors in the vegetables that I roast. They say you should be eating all the colors in the rainbow! Well, I tried with this dish 🙂 I came close!
Lemon Roasted Vegetables over Rice
- 1 T olive oil
- juice of one fresh lemon
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 cup of asparagus cut into 1 inch segments
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1 lemon quartered and deseeded
- 8 oz of button mushrooms sliced
- 1 can of chickpeas garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 c of fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Toss the oil, lemon juice and vegetables (leave out beans and cilantro).
- Put in an oven safe roasting pan. Roast at 375 F for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, toss in the chickpeas. The heat from the veggies will warm the beans.
- Top with cilantro.
- Eat as is or serve over rice/quinoa.
Let’s Talk! Leave me a comment telling me your favorite vegetables to roast! I am a huge fan of the vegetables above as well as potatoes!
More Gluten-Free Recipes
Looking for more gluten-free recipes? You can check out our recipe index for more easy, yet mouthwatering recipes! You might also love: