Nestled into the heart of the Shenandoah Valley, Virginia, the Luray Mountain Cabins offer families and couples private accommodations, gorgeous views, and a peaceful getaway.
Luray Mountain Cabins – Luxury in The Shenandoah Valley
My family and I were lucky enough to stay at the Black Bear Lodge this Independence Day weekend. One of four Luray Mountain Cabins, this cabin was the perfect place to stay and enjoy the beauty and excitement of the region.
Stunning Views at Black Bear Lodge
The cabin faces the mountains of the Shenandoah Valley and Skyline Drive giving us 180 degree views that were simply breathtaking. You can sit on the porch or hang out in the hot tub and just gaze out onto the beauty surrounding you.
Amenities at Black Bear Lodge
The owners of this cottage have really thought of everything. All you need to bring is your clothes and toiletries, and your food. Everything else is provided for you!
Check out all of the amazing features.
- Stunning 180-degree views of Shenandoah National Park & Skyline Drive
- Newly constructed in 2013
- 3 bedrooms (2 queen & 2 twin total), all fitted w/Egyptian Cotton linens
- 3 full bathrooms including an oversized tub in master bathroom
- Hot tub, under the cover of the porch with direct star-gazing views!
- High speed WiFi
- Outdoor fire pit (under the stars!)
- Weber Gas Grill (outdoor)
- Fully equipped kitchen w/stainless appliances, refrigerator, stove, oven, dishwasher & microwave, coffee maker, toaster, dishes, cooking, baking & cleaning supplies, linens, and a variety of pantry items & spices
- Great Room on upper level w/natural stone gas fireplace
- Family Room/game table on lower level
- Fully covered and furnished front deck, side deck & lower level patio
- 2 large flat screen televisions
- Satellite TV (DirecTV w/Pandora)
- iPod docking station
- 2.5 acres of privacy
- Puzzles, games & library of books
- All linens, bath & hot tub towels provided
- Separate laundry room w/full size washer & dryer, iron and board, laundry supplies
- Central heat and A/C as well as ceiling fans throughout
- Security System.
Wow! This place really had everything I could want. I loved that I could do a load of laundry if I needed to, and that there was a dishwasher! I did bring some of my own kitchen supplies to avoid potential gluten cross-contamination, but if that’s not a concern for you, the kitchen was very well stocked.
This is the largest of the 4 cabins here, and can comfortably sleep six people. Each bed had luxurious linens and the decor of the cabin was the perfect blend of log cabin and home comforts. We were very comfortable during our stay here, and couldn’t have asked for much more.
Luray Mountain Cabins also has three other properties nearby – but far enough away that you won’t see them during your stay.
- The Barred Owl Lodge is a two bedroom, two bath cabin that is secluded and private with views of the forest.
- The White Pine Lodge is a smaller cabin, perfect for couples looking for a private, romantic getaway.
- Finally the Loft at Blue Sky ranch is a farmhouse style, newly built loft house on a private ranch property. Also great for couples!
Things to Do in Luray
There are so many great things to do when you’re staying in Luray. Here are a few ideas to get your vacation planning started:
- Hike in the Shenandoah National Park. Not a hiker? There are plenty of driving trails to explore too.
- Visit Luray Caverns for an unforgettable view of what’s underneath us.
- Summertime activities in Luray include fishing, boating, or horseback riding on the Shenandoah River or Lake Arrowhead.
- You can enjoy wineries, breweries, cideries and distilleries, as well as a number of amazing restaurants.
I hope that you will find yourself at Luray Mountain Cabins very soon. I really enjoyed my stay here and the area was so beautiful.
Visit Luray Mountain Cabins’ website for more details on all of their properties in Luray, and don’t forget to read more of my travel articles in the travel section of the blog.