I have been baking alot of cookies lately! I love trying new flavor combinations. The orange and chocolate chips in this recipe, seem to blend perfectly! I tried these cookies out on my neighbors and they were in love! I set out a plate for them to try and before I knew it the ENTIRE plate was gone! The orange flavor is powerful and yet subtle at the same time!
Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies – #glutenfree #vegan
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance Soy Free Spread or your fav butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 zest of a small navel orange
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten free flour I use Better Batter
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten free baking soda
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips I use Enjoy Life
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using an electric mixer, whip the Earth Balance Spread, sugar, vanilla, maple syrup, applesauce, orange zest and fresh orange juice.
- Next, mix in your gluten free flour and baking soda. Beat on low until mixed.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop dough balls onto a lightly oiled baking sheet or baking mat.
- Bake for 11 minutes or until toothpick can be inserted into the center of a cookie and it comes out clean.
Shared this recipe at Sew Can Do, Tempt My Tummy, Allergy Free Wednesday and Slightly Indulgent Tuesday and Foodie Friends Friday.