Oh, deep fried pickles….how I love you! Its always been a favorite of mine, but I haven’t found any gluten free restaurant versions. I was happy to see an adaptable recipe from here and I switched it up a bit, to fit our dietary needs! Pan Fried Pickles is a Gluten Free Treat you HAVE to try soon!
Pan Fried Pickles – #glutenfree #vegan
- 1/2 cup crunchy gluten free cereal I used Erewhon Cereal by Attune Foods
- 1 cup of seasoned gluten free flour I used Better Batters Seasoned Gluten Free Flour
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 T of Dijon Mustard
- about 5 medium pickle spears
- Mix together maple syrup and mustard.
- On a new plate or shallow bowl, mix together cereal and flour.
- One by one coat each pickle within the mustard/maple syrup mix, then place into the cereal/flour mixture to "bread" the pickles. You will have to gently press each side of the pickle into the "coating."
- Heat 1 T of oil in a pan. Then pan fry the pickle spears on each side until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce. I love it with vegan ranch!
*This post contains an affiliate link.