Our friends over at EZ Tofu Press provided us with one of the fantastic presses to try out! A special thank you to Ben for all his stellar communication about this product!
Now, I will be honest. I never thought I needed a tofu press…until I used it. Now, I won’t be without one. I always thought that I got enough moisture off my tofu before cooking, but I was wrong!
Here is a picture of my tofu press in action.
I placed my extra firm tofu between the BPA free boards and gently tightened the stainless steel screws. Then I went about cutting up veggies for the stir fry I was making for dinner. Every 3-4 minutes, I’d go over and gently give the screws another turn. The entire process took about 15 minutes, but that was my time. It can be done quicker. I had a large plate underneath the tofu to catch all the liquid. I was amazed at how much I actually got. The press squeezed out almost 1/2 cup of liquid. I was shocked! Clean up is easy because you can place it in the top rack of your dishwasher!
I was amazed at how well the tofu cooked when it had so much liquid squeezed out. I was very impressed at how easy it cooked and how well it stayed together in the pan! I did not noticed a change in taste of the tofu with the extra liquid gone, but the difference in the ease of cooking was enough to sell me!
I want you to know:
- The tofu press retails for $26.99 (free shipping on Amazon). That is almost half of the competitor Tofuxpress.
- EZ Tofu Press can press virtually all sizes of firm and extra firm tofu.
- Pressing can be achieved in 15 minutes or less. You can prep food and marinade while turning the knobs every 2 minutes over a 10-15 minute time frame.
- Presses substantially faster than spring based tofu presses.
- Easy to clean- small, compact, dishwasher safe, and fewer parts to break.
- Saves on paper or cloth towels!
Here is a great video about the tofu press!