This recipe is full of beautiful colors and can be made any time of the year! It is stocked full of flavor and is gluten and nut free. It has a blend of fried tofu and edamame as a protein source. All of the flavors blend together to make an even more tasty dish the day after! Who doesn’t love leftovers? I found an amazing recipe for Rad Rainbow Pad Thai, which was raw. I adapted this recipe from here.
- One block of extra firm tofu
- 2 T olive oil divided
- Bragg's Aminos to season
- 1 medium zucchini spiralized
- 1 large carrots cut into thin circles
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 3/4 cup frozen edamame thawed
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- Dressing ingredients:
- 1/2 cup Sunbutter sunflower seed butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Bragg's Amino
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2.5 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 t of ginger powder
First prepare the tofu. Using a press, press out the extra liquid from the tofu. We use the EZTofu Press.
Cube tofu. Heat 1 T of olive oil in skillet, saute tofu until golden. Season with desired amount of Bragg's Amino. Set aside.
Using a clean skillet, heat remaining olive oil. Saute spiralized zucchini, carrot circles, bell pepper until slightly softened.
Add in red cabbage, edamame and green onions.
Once entire mixture is warm, mix in cooked tofu. Set aside.
Mix together all dressing ingredients. Pour dressing into tofu/vegetable mixture.
Top with sesame seeds, if desired. ENJOY!