Roasted Tomato Sauce with Pasta is a delicious comfort food dish. It is hearty and flavorful with simple ingredients.
There is just something about pasta that makes it a comfort food to me. I also love to roast just about every vegetable. Combine those two and you have the perfect match- up.
For this comfort food recipe, we are sharing how to make an easy roasted tomato sauce! We like to keep our ingredient list simple!
This mouthwatering roasted tomato sauce features cherry tomatoes, bell peppers and onions as a base! It also includes two secret ingredients!
I love the beautiful colors before and after roasting! The smell is even more amazing!
Roasted Tomato Sauce with Pasta
- Prepare the gluten-free pasta, per the directions on the box. Set aside.
- In a rimmed baking sheet, toss the tomatoes, bell pepper and onion with olive oil.
- Sprinkle mixture with garlic salt.
- Roast tomato mixture at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Place tomato mixture into blender. Blend until smooth.
- Toss sauce with cooked pasta, olives and capers.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.
Let’s talk! Leave me a comment telling me if you have ever made your own tomato sauce from scratch? Have you ever roasted tomatoes?