This southwest potato bowl is the perfect potato power bowl that you can easily prep ahead for lunches. This bowl also serves as a delicious family meal.
This southwest potato bowl is a power bowl loaded to the top with fresh and delicious ingredients. This power bowl can be made for an easy dinner or you can work ahead use it as meal prep lunches for the week.
Whichever you choose, you won’t regret it!
Our southwest potato bowl starts with a generous base of potatoes. For our recipe we used some fingerling potatoes from Side Delights. These Side Delights Steamables make my life a snap in the kitchen.
You might remember I used them to make an Avocado Potato Salad earlier in the year.
We eat a lot of potatoes in this house and sometimes I need them a little bit quicker than typical. Schedules get busy (soccer!!) and I can heat these potato steamables in 8 minutes and have dinner on the table quickly!
Want more recipes?
Looking for more recipes that you can use with Side Delights? Potato Burrito Bowl or Spicy Chicken & Sweet Potato Bowl, Twice Baked Potato Bowl, Sweet Potato Bowl, Potato Breakfast Bowl, Potato Nacho Bowl, FijataPotato Bowl, Chicken Bacon Potato Bowl and Twice Baked Potato Bowl.
We love the southwest flavor profile! Everything from tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, green onions, black beans and more.
This southwest potato bowl boasts some stunning colors with all the fresh ingredients it uses. I also made a video to show you just how easy it is to construct!
It is pretty easy, isn’t it? The best part is that you can add in your favorite items and take out ones that you don’t like.
I know that many of my readers do not like cilantro, so you could leave that out. Make it your own power potato bowl!
After one bite you, will be back for more! I made the bowls dairy-free but you can certainly add your own sour cream or cheese to the mix!
That would taste amazing!
Meal Prep Option!
I love to make meals where I can use the recipe to meal prep. Planning ahead and making my lunch/dinner is so helpful to me.
I purchased some glass containers from Amazon. Super easy! (affiliate link)
Ready for this delicious recipe? Here we go!
- 2 bags of fingerling Steamables (4 cups of cooked fingerling potatoes), cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1.5 c of fresh sweet corn, off the cob
- 3 medium tomatoes. diced
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped and stems removed
- ¾ c red onion, diced
- 4 green onions, whites and greens diced
- more cilantro for garnish
- Prepare the potatoes. Once potatoes are prepared, divide equally into 4 bowls or containers. You should have about 1 cup per bowl.
- Equally divide black beans and corn between bowls.
- In a clean small bowl, mix tomatoes, cilantro and red onion to create a salsa.
- Next equally divide the salsa among the bowls and top with green onions.
Thank you to Steamables for sponsoring this post! Be sure to check back here to find links to other potato power bowls as the month progresses! I can’t wait to share with you what the other bloggers create!
Let’s talk! Have you ever made a potato power bowl before? What would you add in there? Leave me a comment below 🙂