This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KingOfFlavor #CollectiveBias
Call the fire department, because you might need a fire extinguisher. This spicy vegetarian chili is HOT!
This chili is not your average chili. This spicy vegetarian chili is HOT and will get you fired up to cheer on your favorite team on game day! Game days are always important at our house. We often have friends and neighbors over to watch our favorite teams on game day. Of course, we always have a great spread of food for the football fans. This spicy vegetarian chili is a crowd pleaser. Are you a meat eater? After two bites of this chili you will forget it is vegetarian.
This spicy vegetarian chili has a secret weapon. The powerful HOT flavor comes from El Yucateco Hot Sauce. For this particular recipe, I selected the red sauce. The red habanero hot sauce is made with fresh red habanero peppers, tomato, and select spices and seasonings. The red habanero sauce is considered an all-purpose sauce and packs more kick then the average hot sauce. It has far less vinegar, so you are going to taste those spicy habanero peppers!
I found the El Yucateco Hot Sauce at Meijer in the condiment aisle. Super easy to find and affordable. If you want even more of a kick, I would suggest using the GREEN sauce!
Spicy Vegetarian Chili is actually vegan to start with, however when you pile on the toppings it can easily become full of dairy. If you are vegan or need to avoid dairy, you can simply top the chili with fresh cilantro, dairy-free sour cream, dairy-free cheese and green onions.
Spicy Vegetarian Chili - perfect for game day!
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1 1/2 cup bell pepper diced and deseeded
- 15 oz black eyed peas drained and rinsed
- 15 oz of canellini beans drained and rinsed
- 15 oz of chili beans with sauce
- 30 oz of diced tomato with onion often called "chili ready"
- 2 T El Yucateco Red Habanero Sauce
- 2 cup water
- 1 1/2 T chili powder
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro diced
- Garnish: sour cream cheese, green onion, cilantro
- Over medium heat in a stock pot, heat the olive oil.
- Add in onion and bell pepper. Saute until soft.
- Place ingredients into a crockpot
- Add in remaining ingredients except cilantro and garnish items.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Turn off heat, stir in 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro.
- Garnish and ENJOY!
I want to know MORE! Check out the official El Yucateco page. There are so many sauces! Which sauce would you like to add into your spicy chili? While you are on the El Yucateco page, check out the gear store! They offer some pretty cool gear and apparel for men and women!