Since we are vegetarian, we don’t eat chicken nuggets. We do love tofu though, so making tofu nuggets is a great option for us! We flavored our nuggets with some Sunbutter! We LOVE sunbutter and use it on everything! We adapted this recipe.
For this recipe use the EZ Tofu Press! It will help squeeze out the extra liquid in the tofu! You will be amazed at how well your tofu will cook! Check out the video under the recipe, it shows the press in action!
- 1 16oz package extra-firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 1 egg
- 1 T creamy Sunbutter
- 3 tablespoons gluten free panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- oil for frying
- After you have pressed your tofu, slice it into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Beat egg and mix with Sunbutter.
- Place sesame seeds into bowl.
- Heat oil in skillet to prepare for frying.
- When oil is hot, dredge tofu pieces into egg/subutter mixture and then into sesame seeds.
- Fry until golden brown.