Sweet Thai Chili Tofu Bowls are the perfect balance of sweet and spice! These delicious bowls are great for meal prep!
We’ve talked before about how busy life can be. We have talked about meal prepping and even shared some meal prep ideas such as our Mediterranean Hummus Bowl, our Sweet and Salty Tofu Bowl and our Southwest Potato Bowl.
Meal Prep makes life easier!
All of these are great meal prep ideas! Today, I want to share another great meal prep idea for you: Sweet Thai Chili Tofu Bowls!
This is a meal you can serve for dinner or for lunch prep. If you are looking for lunch prep, I just grabbed some glass dishes from Amazon for my lunch prep. (affiliate link) It makes meal and lunch prep so easy!
All the Flavors of Sweet Thai Chili Tofu Bowls
These tofu bowls are delicious. They pack the protein from the tofu and the dish is packed with lots flavors!
The asparagus brings an earthy flavor. The pineapple brings a sweet, yet tart flavor profile. Oh, and the sweet chili sauce…it brings a blend of HOT and sweet all at the same time!
How to Make Sweet Thai Chili Tofu Bowls
Preparing this dish is pretty easy. Just like all our gluten-free recipes around here…we try to make it simple!
While it might be simple, it still has flavor.
All you need are these simple ingredients.
- Extra firm tofu
- Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
- Cooked Rice
- Green Onion
Now that you know what is in the tofu bowl, this is how you make it. The complete recipe is in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
1. Press Your Tofu
The most important part of this recipe is pressing your tofu. I had previously not known how important that was until I met Ben, from the EZ Tofu Press.
Then one time trying the EZ Tofu Press (Amazon Affiliate link) and I understood the importance of a press. My tofu cooks better and tastes better. It is such an important step!
EZ Tofu Press (Amazon affiliate link) takes the liquid out of your firm or extra firm tofu easily, quickly, and with less mess than using plates and cans. This press utilizes simple mechanics and quality materials to ensure that it’s long-lasting and easy to use.
The plastic is BPA free and the grommets and screws are stainless steel. You can wash the EZ tofu Press by hand or in the dishwasher.
2. Fry the Tofu and Asparagus
After you press the tofu, you’ll want to fry it with your asparagus. This will get all the flavors to mix together and create the best texture.
3. Add Pineapple and Sauce
After the tofu and asparagus are the right texture, you can drizzle on the sauce and add the pineapple to the pan. This is going to smell amazing! It’s my favorite part!
4. Serve over rice
When it is finished cooking, just dish it over some cooked rice. It looks stunning and ready to eat!
In keeping with the “life is busy theme” I did use a bottled Sweet Thai Chili Sauce. I didn’t make my own. However, there are some pretty easy and amazing looking recipes out there.
I found this Thai Sweet Chili Sauce recipe on Serious Eats. It looks quite tasty!
The recipe is so super easy, I made a video for you. Just give me 1 minute of your time and you will see just how easy and simple this recipe is!
See, I told you! I bet you are getting hungry!
It is recipe time! Let’s do this!
Sweet Thai Chili Tofu Bowls - featuring EZ Tofu Press
- 1 block of extra firm tofu pressed and cut into cubes
- 1-2 T of oil
- 1 c asparagus fresh, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 c pineapple diced into 1 inch pieces
- 3/4 c Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
- 4 cups cooked rice
- handful of green onions diced and sesame seeds for garnish
- Using your EZ Tofu Press, press tofu for 12 minutes. Dice into cubes.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Fry tofu and asparagus until tofu is golden.
- Add in pineapple and sauce. Stir to coat.
- Divide cooked rice into 4 bowls. Divide tofu mixture into bowls.
- Garnish with green onion and sesame seeds.
Want to learn more about tofu?
We’ve got you covered with this tofu articles!
- Understanding Tofu – a beginners guide – Learn more about how tofu is made (even try it at home if you like!) and what the different types of tofu mean.
- Benefits of Tofu – Read about the health benefits of adding tofu into your meal plan.
- 4 Simple Ways to Cook Tofu – Here I teach you exactly how to cook tofu in for different and easy ways.
- Tips for Grilling Tofu – Bonus! One more amazing way to cook tofu that’s perfect for warm weather.
Thank you to EZ Tofu Press for sponsoring this post! We love your press and couldn’t live without it!
Let’s talk! Leave me a comment telling me if you’ve ever had a Sweet Thai Chili Sauce? Do you love the combo of spicy and sweet?
pin for later: