. No peanuts, no problem with these Szechuan Style Noodles. We subbed out the nut butter with Sunbutter. I have really been missing that “peanut” flavor in our Asian dishes. With a peanut and nut allergy in our house, we take NO chances! So when I saw this recipe, I thought it would be easy to adapt to our needs! I got out our creamy Sunbutter and we were set!
Szechuan Inpsired Noodles – #glutenfree #vegan
- 1/2 creamy Sunbutter or your choice of nut butter
- 1/2 cup Bragg's or GF soy sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- pinch of ground cayenne pepper
- box of gluten-free spaghetti
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced
- 1 bunch green onions diced (white and green parts)
- Prepare your noodles and set aside.
- Whisk together Sunbutter, Braggs, red wine vinegar, honey, pepper and cayenne. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet saute peppers and green onions using a dash of oil or a tablespoon of butter.
- Once peppers and onions are semi soft, add to pasta.
- Add sauce to pasta, stir combine.
- Top with sesame seeds, if desired.