That is right, we are making Baked Potato Night…Taco Baked Potato. We are bringing some southwest flavor to our favorite potatoes.
You have heard me talk about taco night before. We LOVE taco night at our house, but sometimes you just got to switch things up!
Instead of regular old tacos, we created Taco Baked Potatoes. The goodness of a baked potato, topped with the deliciousness of a taco!
Just like taco night, the best part is you can “top” your potato any way you like! Like sour cream? Add it on! Don’t like green onions?
Okay, skip those! You get the picture!
If you LOVE the flavor of tacos, you need to check out this Healthy Taco Salad Recipe by Wholesome Yum!
I am getting hungry, just talking about this easy and delicious recipe! How about you? Ready to see how EASY this is?
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Wash your potatoes, poke holes in potatoes with a fork. Place potatoes on a baking sheet. Bake for 1 hours or until a knife and easily pierce.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute the onion and bell pepper. When soft stir in remaining ingredients (except toppings) Heat throughout.
- When potatoes are done, slice potatoes on the top and gently grab the ends and squeeze in. This creates an opening for you.
- Dollop on the bean mixture and your favorite fixings.
Did you make this recipe?Be sure to snap a picture and post it to Instagram with the hashtag #VegetarianMamma! I love seeing our recipes being recreated!
See I told you, it was easy! YUM
Let’s talk! Leave me a comment telling me about your favorite baked potato toppings! What are they? Have you ever tried this combination?