Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats is a spin on the traditional Zucchini Boats that I grew up on as a child. This hearty meal just got a new life with some taco flavors!
Are you swimming in summer zucchini from your garden or farmers markets? It is the time of year that zucchini are quite abundant!
Fear not my zucchini lovers! I have the perfect recipe for you, to use up some of that zucchini!
Introducing… Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats!
That’s right! A SUPER EASY meal withs some tasty taco flavors!
This recipe is pretty easy! I even made a video to show you how easy it is!
Take a look at this!
See I told you that was easy! I bet your belly is starting to grumble? Am I right?
Just think about these simple ingredients that come together to create such a mouthwatering taste:
taco seasoning (if you are GF, read the label)
more cheese 🙂
AH, now I am hungry! I don’t think its fair to keep you from the entire Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats recipe any longer!
Ready or not, here we go!
Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place 1/4 c of water in bottom of oiled 9x13 baking dish.
- Put zucchini boats into dish.
- In a skillet over medium heat, saute the oil and onion until soft.
- Mix onion with cooked rice and beans.
- Gently filled zucchinis with rice mixture.
- Top with salsa.
- Bake covered for 35 minutes.
- Uncover and check for doneness. If you want your zucchinis softer cooked for another 5 minutes and recheck. When zucchinis are at desired softeness add cheese.
- Place back in over until cheese is melted.
- Top with green onions and cilantro.
Now its your turn to enjoy this dish! Better get in the kitchen and get cooking! I hope that you enjoy these Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats!
Let’s talk! Have you ever made zucchini boats?
Do you love taco flavors? What else would you add?