Hey look, its another zucchini recipe! Seriously, haven’t we had enough? Nope, okay I’ll give you a few more! Zucchini is just so great this time of year! When I recently attended a cooking class at Whole Foods Market, the instructor discussed adding club soda to recipes to give it a lift. We made some temporah style foods in the class. I adapted the simple recipe using Better Batter’s Seasoned Gluten Free Flour.
Tempura Style Zucchini – #glutenfree #vegan
- 1 large zucchini cut into coin shapes
- 3/4 c of seasoned gluten free flour
- 1 can of club soda
- small pot
- Pour oil (I used sunflower) into a pot. I used a smaller pot so I could use less oil. Fill pot with about 1.5 inches of oil. Heat.
- Combine flour and club soda.
- Dip zucchini into flour mixture and coat each piece.
- Place coated zucchini in hot oil. (cook 2-4 pieces at a time) Cook in oil until brown. The more zucchini you cook, the more golden it will become.
- Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce.
All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.