Hey look, its another zucchini recipe! Seriously, haven’t we had enough? Nope, okay I’ll give you a few more! Zucchini is just so great this time of year! When I recently attended a cooking class at Whole Foods Market, the instructor discussed adding club soda to recipes to give it a lift. We made some temporah style foods in the class. I adapted the simple recipe using Better Batter’s Seasoned Gluten Free Flour.
Tempura Style Zucchini – #glutenfree #vegan
- 1 large zucchini cut into coin shapes
- 3/4 c of seasoned gluten free flour
- 1 can of club soda
- small pot
- Pour oil (I used sunflower) into a pot. I used a smaller pot so I could use less oil. Fill pot with about 1.5 inches of oil. Heat.
- Combine flour and club soda.
- Dip zucchini into flour mixture and coat each piece.
- Place coated zucchini in hot oil. (cook 2-4 pieces at a time) Cook in oil until brown. The more zucchini you cook, the more golden it will become.
- Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce.