Remember that Easy Vegetable Soup I posted back in December? Well I made it again but added some rice with it this time and it made it taste like a completely different soup! I love the soup both ways, but certainly enjoyed it with some added grain!
Vegetable and Rice Soup – #glutenfree #vegan
- 2 c onion diced
- 1 c carrot diced
- 1 c celery diced
- 1 c green beans cut into 1 inch pieces (I used fresh and steamed them for 12 minutes)
- 1 1/2 c corn I used fresh cooked
- 8 c veggie broth
- 1 can white beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 t all purpose seasoning
- 1 T oil for saute
- Heat oil in a medium stock pot. When oil is hot, saute onion, carrot and celery.
- When onion, carrot and celery are soft add the rest of the ingredients (except cooked rice). Bring to a boil.
- Turn burner down to low and simmer for 45 minutes or until flavors have united and ingredients are tender. Add cooked rice to soup during the last 10 minutes.