When you are dairy-free, finding a flavored cream cheese is not an easy task. This dairy free vegetable cream cheese is filled with fresh ingredients and tastes great!
Vegetable Cream Cheese is a quick and easy dairy free recipe that is so delicious and versatile. Packed with fresh veggies, this flavorful cream cheese spread is even better than the store bought version! In only a few minutes, you can have this rich and creamy veggie cream cheese ready to spread on your favorite bagels, sandwiches, and more!
Back in the day, when I didn’t realize I had as many food restrictions as I do. I would often hop through the drive through of a local bagel joint. I would grab a coffee and bagel with garden vegetable cream cheese. It was my favorite thing! I would enjoy it on my way to work.
Well, fast forward to today…I do not have that option any more. I hope some day I can head to a local bagel shop, hit up the drive through and get a gluten-free bagel with dairy-free cream cheese. A girl can dream, right?! For now, at least I can enjoy homemade dairy free vegetable cream cheese whenever I want!
Ingredients in Vegetable Cream Cheese
- Softened dairy free cream cheese
- Red bell pepper (finely diced)
- Green onions (whites only, finely diced)
- Dried dill
This recipe is so simple that it can be adapted by using dairy cream cheese if you prefer. You will get the same results and it will taste great.
While I love to use fresh herbs in my recipe, I was not able to find fresh dill for this recipe so I used a dried form of dill. If you use fresh dill, you may need to adjust the amount of dill until you get the correct desired taste for this spread.
How to Make Dairy Free Vegetable Cream Cheese
This is the easiest cream cheese recipe ever!
- It’s best to start with your veggies already prepped. Dice them finely so that they’ll blend into the cream cheese well.
- Add all of the ingredients into the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse until smooth. Adjust the texture to your tastes.
- Spread on your favorite bagel or use it as a dip for crackers, raw veggies, and more!
The possibilities for serving this veggie cream cheese are endless!
Uses for Vegetable Cream Cheese
A bagel isn’t the only thing that cream cheese is good for! Try these other ideas for serving this tasty vegetable cream cheese:
- Serve with fresh veggies for dipping
- Spread on your favorite gluten free crackers
- Add them to a Vegetarian Charcuterie Board for your next family gathering
- Serve as a dip for Air Fryer Seasoned Pretzels
- Spread on your favorite bread as a sandwich condiment
- Add leeks for a veggie packed twist on a Leek Cream Cheese and Arugula Sandwich
- Toss with warm freshly cooked pasta for a simple creamy veggie sauce
How long does veggie cream cheese last?
This homemade vegetable cream cheese spread will last for a week in the fridge.
For best results and optimal freshness, store it in a glass container with an airtight lid.
Want more easy dairy free spreads and dips? Check out these recipes!
Leave me a comment below telling me your favorite cream cheese flavor! Do you love vegetable, cinnamon, plain? What do you love?
Vegetable Cream Cheese - A savory dairy-free treat!
- 8 oz of softened dairy free cream cheese
- 1/2 c finely diced red bell pepper
- 2 green onions (whites only) finely diced
- 1/2 T dried dill
- Put all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until blended. With the food processor you can pulse until your desired smoothness. Alternatively, you can mix by hand as well.
- Spread on your favorite bagel and ENJOY!
All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.