Fried Egg Avocado Toast
Fried Egg Avocado Toast is a delicious twist on the classic and trendy avocado toast. If you love egg toast and you love avocado toast, why not pair the avocado and egg together?
Servings 1 person
- 1 slice Schar Deli Style Bread
- 1/2 avocado smashed
- 1/4 c sunflower sprouts (alfalfa or broccoli sprouts can work)
- 1 T avocado oil
- 1 egg
- 1 t chia seeds
Toast bread and place on plate.
Remove avocado pit and skin. Smash 1/2 of avocado and spread on toast. Top with sunflower sprouts.
In a small pan, warm oil over medium heat. Crack egg into pan. Be careful when frying not to break the yolk. Fry until the outside of the egg becomes all white and the yolk starts to slightly firm up. Place on top of toast.
Sprinkle with chia seeds.
Enjoy! Don't forget the fork and knife!
- Use Good Bread. We used this Deli Style Bread from Schar for this avocado toast with egg recipe. It's sturdy and a good size.
- Pick ripe avocados. You want Haas avocados that you can give a gentle squeeze to. If you find any brown spots when you cut open the avocado, simply scoop those parts out and discard.
- Mash first. You want to mash the avocado in a separate bowl before spreading it onto the toast.
Calories: 445kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 163mg | Sodium: 215mg | Potassium: 599mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 385IU | Vitamin C: 10.1mg | Calcium: 101mg | Iron: 5.4mg