Corn and Potato Soup
I always make a double batch of this soup!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 6 people
- 2 cups of cubed potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- medium onion
- 2 T of butter option to use a dairy-free or vegan product here
- 2 T of all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/4 t pepper
- 3 cups of milk option to use a dairy-free or vegan product here
- 2 cups of corn fresh or frozen
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese option to use a dairy-free or vegan product here
Bring potatoes to a boil. Cook until done (soft) and drain. Be sure to reserve 1 cup of the potato water.
Heat a dash of olive oil and saute the diced onion.
In the same pan as the onions, melt butter and stir in flour and pepper until smooth.
Gradually add the milk product and reserved potato water, while stirring.
Bring to a boil. Boil until thick.
Add corn, heat throughout.
Remove from heat and add cheese. Stir until melted.
Calories: 240kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 34mg | Sodium: 242mg | Potassium: 601mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 475IU | Vitamin C: 11.3mg | Calcium: 300mg | Iron: 2.7mg